Our team is responsible for all gameplay programming for our AAA, next-gen, 3rd Person Co-Op Shooter game. We are a multidisciplinary team and consist of artists, designers and programmers. We work closely together in our own team, but of course we also collaborate successfully with all the other teams in Arrowhead. We all have the same common goal: to create a kickass game together!
As a Gameplay Programmer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Co-operate with Designers and (Creative) Directors to translate game design into engaging gameplay features;
- Implement, maintain and take part in designing game systems;
- Aid fellow coders in verifying solutions and advise on sound technical alternatives;
- Prototype ideas to test validity of features and identify technical possibilities and obstacles;
- Build high quality, well-structured solutions with memory, performance and network stability taken into account;
- Regularly playtest and provide feedback on the game as a whole.
Are you a Gameplay Programmer with the following experience?
- You have 5 or more years of experience in game development and have experienced at least one full development cycle of a shipped title;
- Excellent C/C++ skills;
- Hands on experience with multiplayer game programming, ideally in a peer-to-peer environment;
- Able to create dynamic systems that interact with each other in an emergent way;
- Great familiarity of game technologies such as physics, animation, artificial intelligence and the ability to use them to create fun and emergent gameplay;
- A solid 3D math foundation in linear algebra, vectors and matrices;
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
It would be of added value (but not mandatory) if you have:
- Experience from designing, modding or hobby projects;
- Familiarity with component-based programming and peer-to-peer networking.
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We offer a permanent position and relocation aid for the right candidate.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.