UI Programming at Arrowhead
We are a varied group of developers, focusing on intertwining the social gameplay experience with the moment to moment gameplay (community/metagame). We work on the backend communication and UI/UX implementation and other community type features. We work closely with (UI/UX) artists, designers and other programmers and have a great impact on the overall gameplay experience of our project.
As a UI Programmer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Co-operate in the design and implementation of User Interfaces - ranging from elements of the Gameplay HUD, (text) displays, menus and game elements;
- Debug the UI to ensure a stable product and smooth gaming experience;
- Coordinate with back-end programmers and ensure features work properly with our servers;
- You will be mainly focussing on the (global) community features, but at times you will also have the opportunity to help out with project-wide UI.
Are you a UI Programmer with the following experience?
- You have 3 or more years of experience in game development and you have shipped a (AAA) title;
- Excellent C/C++ skills;
- Experience as a (gameplay) programmer, preferably as a UI programmer;
- Hands on experience with multiplayer game programming, ideally in a peer-to-peer environment;
- Able to create well-encapsulated systems which work together as the tools in a toolbox to create a cohesive and engaging UX;
- Great familiarity of game technologies such as physics, animation, artificial intelligence and the ability to use them to create fun and emergent gameplay;
- Knowledge of 3D math foundation in linear algebra, vectors and matrices;
- Good understanding of kinaesthetic appeal;
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We offer a permanent position and relocation aid for the right candidate. Remote working can be considered for the right candidate.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.