Arrowhead is looking to hire gameplay programmers to work on our upcoming AAA, 3rd person, co-op shooter.
Our gameplay coders work closely together to implement features and mechanics in the game, but also collaborate with all the other teams at Arrowhead. We all have the same common goal: to create a kickass game together!
As a part of team of generalists, part of your focus areas will be:
- Co-operating with Designers and (Creative) Directors to translate game design into engaging gameplay features;
- Implementing systems to enable player analytics;
- Designing automation systems to optimize testing;
- Improving ways of testing features together with QA team;
- Aiding fellow coders in verifying solutions and advising on proper technical alternatives;
- Regularly playtesting and providing feedback on the game as a whole.
Are you a Gameplay Programmer with the following skills and experience?
- Excellent C/C++ skills;
- Hands on experience with game programming on a larger project;
- Able to create dynamic systems and engaging gameplay systems;
- Great familiarity of game technologies such as automation, analytics, physics, animation and AI;
- A solid 3D math foundation in linear algebra, vectors and matrices;
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
It would be of added value (but not mandatory) if you have:
- Experience from designing, modding or hobby projects;
- Familiarity with component-based programming and peer-to-peer networking.
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We offer a permanent position and relocation aid for the right candidate.
Location: At Arrowhead we have transitioned into a full hybrid way of working. Location can therefore be discussed according to your needs.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.