Arrowhead is looking to hire several senior gameplay programmers to work on our upcoming AAA, 3rd person, co-op shooter.
Our gameplay coders work closely together to implement features and mechanics in the game, but also collaborate with all the other teams at Arrowhead. We all have the same common goal: to create a kickass game together!
As a Gameplay Programmer you will mainly be:
- Collaborating with game designers to translate game design into engaging gameplay features;
- Implementing and designing gameplay systems;
- Building optimized solutions with memory, performance and network stability taken into account;
- Prototyping ideas to test validity of features and identify technical possibilities and obstacles;
- Aiding fellow coders in verifying solutions and advising on technical alternatives;
- Continually playtesting the game to verify the features are living up to their intended design.
Are you a Gameplay Programmer with the following skills and experience?
- Excellent C/C++ skills;
- 5+ Years experience with hands on experience with multiplayer game programming, ideally in a peer-to-peer environment;
- Able to create dynamic systems that interact with each other in an emergent way;
- Great familiarity of game technologies such as physics, animation, artificial intelligence and the ability to use them to create fun and emergent gameplay;
- A solid 3D math foundation in linear algebra, vectors and matrices;
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
It would be of added value (but not mandatory) if you have:
- Experience from designing, modding or hobby projects;
- Familiarity with component-based programming and peer-to-peer networking.
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We offer a permanent position and relocation aid for the right candidate.
Location: At Arrowhead we have transitioned into a full hybrid way of working. Location can therefore be discussed according to your needs.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.