You get a kick out of solving problems and supporting your teammates in making awesome games. You're the go-to-person for your fellow devs when they need new or improved tools and editor features and workflows. The goal? To make their work easier and to make cool things together.
As a Tools Programmer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Maintain and iterate on existing tools and editor features, ensuring that overall quality and usability meet the needs of our fellow devs and our project;
- Work together with all teams to design and develop new tools, increasing quality of life for all;
- (Help to) identify workflow issues and bottlenecks in our pipelines and continuously work to improve them;
- Cooperate with the Engine Programmers to implement tool features in our engine;
- Communicate and follow up progress on tools with the content developers.
Are you a (Tools) Programmer with the following experience under your belt?
- 3+ years of experience in a similar or relevant position, ideally in the video game industry;
- Experience writing game development tools that improve the user experience and workflow of your peers;
- Experience working with C# and/or C++;
- Knowledge of data structures and you know your way around algorithms;
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
Nice to haves:
It would be nice, but certainly not a must, to have:
- Familiarity with DCC tools such as Maya, Modo or Blender;
- You have a (basic) understanding about profiling & performance.
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We offer a permanent position and for the right candidate we offer relocation aid, however remote working is also a possibility.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you! Please be sure to include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio/Github. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, feel free to reach out!