We are Arrowhead, a Stockholm-based studio, known for our uncompromising game mechanics and intense cooperative gameplay. As a studio we offer a thrilling and creative environment where kickass game developers work to provide high quality gameplay experiences.
Work is well underway on our latest project: a 3rd person shooter featuring next-gen graphics, innovative co-op and agency for the community to alter the course of the game. The new title represents a big step for the studio that will continue the tradition of satirical humor that fans of our games know and love.
Would you like to know more?
Here is some of what you will be doing;
- Working on implementation of in-game HUD and various menu screens
- Contributing to development of underlying UI systems
- Bringing vision from UI/UX design to life
- Debugging and maintaining a high quality code
- Collaborating with various disciplines and developers across the studio
- Working toward the goal of top high quality player experience.
To succeed you will need;
- Experience in AAA game development on PC and/or console
- Experience in Gameplay or UI Programming
- Experience in any kind of professional programming, minimum 3 years
- Good C/C++ skills
- Understanding of UI design patterns (eg. MVVM/MVC)
- Knowledge of Data Oriented design patterns (eg. ECS)
- Solid grasp of 2d mathematics
- An appreciation for good visual design
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written)
While experience and skills are important, putting that to work is where it counts, at Arrowhead that means to be;
- Cool; Open minded, friendly and receptive to feedback
- Kickass; Hardworking, dedicated with a can-do attitude
- Great; Detail oriented, knowledgeable and proficient in your craft
Perks and culture insights
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Remote/hybrid way of working
- Sponsored hobby groups to meet like minded nerds(!)
- Flexible work hours and overtime comped through time off
- Health bonus and weekly health hour
- Pension plan and full insurance package
The studio is located in Stockholm and the position is full-time; defined as 40 hours per week. The position is a long term position with 6 months initial trial employment. Remote working can be considered for the right candidate.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
Please make sure to include a CV, a short introduction letter and a current portfolio.