Link the art with the tech!
About the job
Being a Technical Artist means you're the linking pin between tech and art, you speak both languages and you can ensure artwork meets both the visual and technical requirements.
As a Technical Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Monitor, flag and communicate concerns between artistic goals and practical reality in development pipelines;
- Build high performance solutions without sacrificing quality;
- Collaborate with artists in order to develop tailored tolls and shaders that improve both workflows and visual quality;
- Ensure development setup keeps up with the industry developments;
- Debug and solve visual issues.
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- You have a few years of experience within the industry as a Technical Artist;
- You are experienced in tools and/or shader creation;
- Ideally, you have shipped at least one (AAA) project;
- Great English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Deep understanding of PBR shading;
- Experience with C++, C#, Python;
- Knowledgeable in 3D modeling software like Maya, Blender, etc;
- Familiarity with the Adobe Substance 3D Suite.
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We offer a permanent position and relocation aid for the right candidate.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
Perks & Benefits
Flexibility and generous vacationYou have the freedom to plan your workday according to your preferences, keeping in mind that between 10:00-12:00 and 13:00-15:00 you are available for (team) meetings. You are also entitled to six weeks paid vacation each year.
Pension fund and insurancesYou can feel safe with a full life- and occupational injury insurance as well as guaranteed quick access to health specialists. An additional monthly saving is added to your retirement fund.
Health & wellnessMassage at the office every other week, a weekly wellness activity hour and yearly wellness allowance. Once a year we also offer health care checkups with the possibility to track your changes and progress.
Working at Arrowhead
We're a fun bunch of game developers, dedicated to bringing new experiences to gamers worldwide. We enjoy working together, and where work permits, we are open for hybrid remote working conditions. Overall, we feel that investing in each other contributes to a beter work environment, a feeling of stability and will build stronger internal relationships.
About Arrowhead Game Studios
Arrowhead Game Studios is a tight knit and growing team, known for our co-op titles. By challenging the creativity of the players, we create a memorable experience with humor and social interaction, that leaves you with a story to tell. We are now working on our biggest and most ambitious project to date: A Next-Generation 3rd Person Cooperative Shooter. If you want to be part of a driven and friendly team with a family feeling, then Arrowhead is the place to be!
Link the art with the tech!
Loading application form
Already working at Arrowhead Game Studios?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.