If you’re looking to make the best co-op games in the world, you’ve come to the right place. We're proud to have some of the best game makers and collaborators in the industry under our four walls. What's more, we're a fun bunch of game developers, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together. Our games are not for everyone. Are they for you?
We are now looking for a Design Director!
About the job
Do you have experience achieving results through others and the know-how to execute and build on someone else's design?
As our Design Director you will create and align the vision of Helldivers 2 in close collaboration with Tech Director, Art Director, Production & Game Direction.
We are certain that your knowledge and expertise will level us up, making us even smarter and better!
Helldivers 2 is a AAA, 3rd-person shooter which will be available later this year on PS5 and PC! Check out our trailer here and read our blog for more about our project.
Each team member at Arrowhead has an important influence on the game and is involved in the decision-making process. We offer a driven and creative environment where small groups work independently within cross-disciplinary feature teams. It is crucial that you can plan and manage your own work efficiently, and also have strong collaboration skills.
- You will manage a team of Managers and Principal Designers
- Apart from creating and aligning on the vision, you will also create commitment for the game and the vision within your team
- You will create briefs for the design department
- You will have regular follow up meetings with all teams and lead
- You will be the “Supreme Facilitator” next to the Game Director and accountable for the execution of the design
- Proactively ensure the best work setup for your direct reports in order for them to grow and be enabled
One of the most important aspects is that you are truly passionate about making a great and kickass video game.
To be a great fit at Arrowhead you are the kind of person who values open and honest teamwork. We put a great deal of effort on improving teams and encourage each other to grow as people. This means nurturing your team to be open to feedback on both a personal and professional level in order to become the best version of themselves.
To summarize, we believe you have experience from:
- Leading through others
- Executed on established design
- Creating different types of games, not just one specific nisch
Furthermore you have:
- A curious mindset that allows you to travel roads less traveled within game development
- An overall “think outside the box” mentality (not just connected to game development) and are constantly looking for ways to raise the bar
- Awesome collaboration and communication skills with a cooperative attitude
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written)
How to apply
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV in English as soon as possible. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit.
What we offer
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 100+ people, best known for our co-op titles. Despite our size, we remain a friendly and down to earth bunch, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together.
Located in our newly built, custom-tailored offices on the Hammarby Kaj waterfront, we enjoy everything Stockholm has to offer. A thriving game dev scene, along with all types of activities are immediately available on our doorstep.
Our talented developers are crucial to our success, therefore we put a lot of emphasis in creating and maintaining a prosperous culture. We’re committed to open and transparent communication. Your ideas are welcomed, valued, appreciated - the ceiling for creative discussions is high.We also have numerous work benefits for all our employees. You can read about them here!
Scope: Full-time: 40 hours per week.
This is a permanent position and for the right candidate we offer relocation aid.
Reports to: Game Director
Location: Stockholm office with hybrid possibilities.