If you’re looking to make the best co-op games in the world, you’ve come to the right place. We're proud to have some of the best game makers and collaborators in the industry under our four walls. What's more, we're a fun bunch of game developers, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together. Our games are not for everyone. Are they for you?
We are now looking for a Senior Character Artist!
About the job
As a Character Artist, your main focus is on creating characters and then specifically their appearance: clothes, armors (organic and hard surface), cloaks and entire outfits. For both playable as well as non-playable characters; creatures, human(oids) / droid and robots.
You'll be part of the entire cycle - proofing (also without concepts), mock-up all the way to game-ready assets and characters.
As a Character Artist (Armors / Hard Surface and Organic) you are;
- Creating game ready characters and assets for both playable and non playable characters
- Proofing character designs alongside artists and animators
- Feedbacking on designs and features
- Participating in sprint meetings to set up realistic completion timelines
- Helping with feedback on created assets both internally and from outsourcers.
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
At least 5 or more years of experience as a 3D artist in the games industry
- You have experience with development cycles (preferably AAA-title(s)), shipping at least one title
- Modeling software (Zbrush and Maya in particular, others like blender are a plus) holds no secrets for you
- You are very good with Substance Painter (Marvelous Designer being a plus)
- You have at least a basic experience of node based workflows for shaders and materials
- You have good visual and technical understanding in sculpting, retopology and texturing, and creating game-ready characters
- Your portfolio shows a variety of (realistic) character/humanoid/droid artwork, including organic and hard surfaces
- You are very familiar with PBR Workflows.
How to apply
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV in English as soon as possible. We interview candidatescontinuously and hire when we find a good fit.
What we offer
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 100+ people, best known for our co-op titles. Despite our size, we remain a friendly and down to earth bunch, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together.
Located in our newly built, custom-tailored offices on the Hammarby Kaj waterfront, we enjoy everything Stockholm has to offer. A thriving game dev scene, along with all types of activities are immediately available on our doorstep.
Our talented developers are crucial to our success, therefore we put a lot of emphasis in creating and maintaining a prosperous culture. We’re committed to open and transparent communication. Your ideas are welcomed, valued, appreciated - the ceiling for creative discussions is high.
We also have numerous work benefits for all our employees. You can read about them here!
Scope: Full-time: 40 hours per week.
We offer a permanent position with six months initial probation. For the right candidate we offer relocation aid.
Location: The office in Stockholm, hybrid solution is possible.