If you’re looking to make the best co-op games in the world, you’ve come to the right place. We're proud to have some of the best game makers and collaborators in the industry under our four walls. What's more, we're a fun bunch of game developers, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together. Our games are not for everyone. Are they for you?
We are now looking for a Senior Environment Artist!
About the job
As an Environment Artist for our upcoming AAA title, Helldivers 2, you'll create high-quality organic assets. From concept to final placement, you'll be a guiding presence in the team with a can-do attitude, supporting junior members artistically and technically. Proficiency in realistic style is key, and adaptability to other art styles is a plus.
You'll collaborate closely with other Developers, Leads and Directors to enhance our artistic vision for the game, to make it a truly immersive and believable experience.
- Lead the creation of environment assets for different areas of the game, taking on the responsibility of ensuring that visual consistency, quality, performance, gameplay and feedback targets are met and held to a high degree
- Communicate effectively with other departments, making informed decisions that benefit the project as a whole, providing clear actionable directives
- Mentor junior and intermediate artists, frequently sharing knowledge and expertise to help them grow and develop their skills
- Actively contribute to improving the art pipeline and workflow processes, consulting with the appropriate people when needed
- Creating and maintaining documentation and guidelines.
We seek and artist passionate about achieving artistic goals and completing games, prioritizing vision over details.
You excel in conveying artistic vision, self-critiquing, and enhancing aesthetics. Ideally, you have experience in high-level game art and aspire to join a visionary personal studio.
We value your love for game creation and play!
- 5+ years experience working as an Environment Artist on a AAA-title
- Proficient in 3D modeling software, having a deep understanding of the tools and features, and able to use them to create more complex and detailed assets
- Have a strong understanding of shaders and able to create complex materials that enhance the look and feel of the game's environments
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking, great attention to detail.
- Experience working with Blender, Substance Painter/Designer, SpeedTree and Houdini
How to apply
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV in English as soon as possible. We interview candidatescontinuously and hire when we find a good fit.
What we offer
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 100+ people, best known for our co-op titles. Despite our size, we remain a friendly and down to earth bunch, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together.
Located in our newly built, custom-tailored offices on the Hammarby Kaj waterfront, we enjoy everything Stockholm has to offer. A thriving game dev scene, along with all types of activities are immediately available on our doorstep.
Our talented developers are crucial to our success, therefore we put a lot of emphasis in creating and maintaining a prosperous culture. We’re committed to open and transparent communication. Your ideas are welcomed, valued, appreciated - the ceiling for creative discussions is high.
We also have numerous work benefits for all our employees. You can read about them here!
Scope: Full-time: 40 hours per week.
This is a permanent position and for the right candidate we offer relocation aid.
Location: Option for On-Site Work in Stockholm, Hybrid Remote or Fully Remote Work
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.