If you’re looking to make the best co-op games in the world, you’ve come to the right place. We're proud to have some of the best game makers and collaborators in the industry under our four walls. What's more, we're a fun bunch of game developers, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together. Our games are not for everyone. Are they for you?
We are now looking for an Audio Lead!
About the job
Arrowhead is searching for an Audio Lead to take on leadership of the Audio Team at Arrowhead. Each team member at Arrowhead has an important influence on their workflows and daily operations. We strive to involve everyone in the decision-making process as much as possible. We are a growing studio with plenty of potential and growth opportunities for the right person.
- Lead the audio team, working on our upcoming title 'Helldivers 2'
- Maintain and contribute to the high level of quality for our game in regards to audio
- Contribute to sound design work
- Be a key stakeholder in VO pipelines
- Collaborate with stakeholders and game direction
- Manage our outsourcing needs and resources for the audio team
- Advise on best practices and establish new workflows when necessary
- Provide hands-on guidance for team members
You have experience in managing audio teams and delivering high-quality audio design in AAA games.
We're looking for:
- 5 or more years of experience in Game Development
- At least a couple of years experience as Sound Designer
- Previous experience in leading audio teams and delivering high quality audio (preferably in action-oriented games)
- Strong technical skills, a good understanding of how games are developed and how audio in games work (including middleware such as Wwise);
- A honed sense for sound design, with a passion for discovering new ways to advance audio in games and thinking outside the box to improve audio quality;
- Experience with cost-benefit analysis and ability to make pragmatic decisions to balance the needs of the game with the resources available;
- Humble and pragmatic in their craft, willing to learn from others and open to constructive feedback;
- Familiar with mentoring and coaching game developers;
- Great English communication skills, both verbal and written.
How to apply
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV in English and portfolio/showreel.
We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.
The position is permanent and full-time, initially with a Swedish standard 6 month probation employment. Arrowhead Game Studios operates from the office in Stockholm and as a leader within the studio you should be prepared to spend at least 2 days per week in the office.
You need to be eligble to work in Sweden.
What we offer
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 100+ people, best known for our co-op titles. Despite our size, we remain a friendly and down to earth bunch, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together.
Located in our newly built, custom-tailored offices on the Hammarby Kaj waterfront, we enjoy everything Stockholm has to offer. A thriving game dev scene, along with all types of activities are immediately available on our doorstep.
Our talented developers are crucial to our success, therefore we put a lot of emphasis in creating and maintaining a prosperous culture. We’re committed to open and transparent communication. Your ideas are welcomed, valued, appreciated - the ceiling for creative discussions is high.
We also have numerous work benefits for all our employees. You can read about them here!
Scope: Full-time: 40 hours per week.
This is a permanent position and for the right candidate we offer relocation aid.
Location: Stockholm, however working remotely can be discussed for the right candidate.