If you’re looking to make the best co-op games in the world, you’ve come to the right place. We're proud to have some of the best game makers and collaborators in the industry under our four walls. What's more, we're a fun bunch of game developers, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together. Our games are not for everyone. Are they for you?
We are now looking for a Production Director!
About the job
As the Helldivers 2 Production Director you are responsible for the holistic delivery of cross-functional teams in the studio and for overseeing the Helldivers 2 production team within the studio.
You will be overseeing, tracking and improving the delivery of valuable outcomes for players in ways that are beneficial for our business. You will lead, develop and manage a team of producers who will all be assigned to their own multidisciplinary dev teams.
Your producers will be responsible for the player value of their team deliveries (as measured by frequent UX tests) whilst managing budgets, risks, schedules and other constraints.
You will be empowered by your leaders and peers to execute and deliver on the game vision to make it a playable reality together with your team. You will be responsible for making difficult product decisions and moving the development forward in order to reach our common goals.
- Rallying troops and achieving results through others in your team;
- Closing milestones and sprints with deliveries that achieve high scores on stability, build health and UX experience whilst delivering on our contractual obligations to partners;
- Setting and communicating commitments and plans, both internally and to our publishing partners;
- Executing on plans and delivering in accordance to commitments made all whilst adhering to production constraints (budget, team size, time etc);
- Showing sound judgment when navigating complex production-related challenges and resolving conflicts between resource constraints and quality;
- Establishing processes and evangelize best practices;
- Maintaining a high performing team by being excellent at talent management (inc hiring, developing and retaining key talent);
- Ensuring that your team is setting and progressing on learning goals.
This position needs to be based in our Stockholm office. (Hybrid solution is possible.)
As a member of the Helldivers Product Team you share the common and end goal of reaching the best possible user experience whilst staying on time and budget, together with the other Directors. You pilot this work in your leadership of the producers on the project. As master of rituals you also lead the way to increasing effectiveness and efficiency for processes (such as planning, sprint reviews, closing and retroing).
As a leader you seek and provide candid, helpful and timely feedback. You are a transparent communicator and a great team builder. You are a good listener, and seek data to validate and challenge your own and others' preconceptions in order for us to become better game makers.
Together with your production team, you will maintain production processes that shed light and insight on the trajectory of work and progress before it becomes too late to pivot. You will be a strong sparring partner for other disciplines, but especially for the Game Director. You always champion a player-centric approach to game development and rally teams around a closing mentality for every delivery.
- You have a proven track record of leading successful teams in the gaming industry
- You have experience leading development teams effectively and coordinate deliverables on time, on quality and on budget
- You have an excellent understanding of how to delegate work effectively. You are able to support the team in executing against complex goals and strategies by breaking them down into manageable pieces
- You are a skilled time manager who strives to continually improve your time management skills by retrospecting on how you spend your own and others’ time
- Knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies
- Experience with project management tools
- You have at least five years experience within both the games industry and relevant roles
More about you
An overall “think-outside-the-box” mentality (not just connected to game development) and constantly looking for ways to raise the bar is a highly valued skill, as well as awesome collaboration - and communication skills with a cooperative attitude.
How to apply
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV in English as soon as possible. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit.
What we offer
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 100+ people, best known for our co-op titles. Despite our size, we remain a friendly and down to earth bunch, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together.
Located in our newly built, custom-tailored offices on the Hammarby Kaj waterfront, we enjoy everything Stockholm has to offer. A thriving game dev scene, along with all types of activities are immediately available on our doorstep.
Our talented developers are crucial to our success, therefore we put a lot of emphasis in creating and maintaining a prosperous culture. We’re committed to open and transparent communication. Your ideas are welcomed, valued, appreciated - the ceiling for creative discussions is high.
We also have numerous work benefits for all our employees. You can read about them here!
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Welcome with your application!