If you’re looking to make the best co-op games in the world, you’ve come to the right place. We're proud to have some of the best game makers and collaborators in the industry under our four walls. What's more, we're a fun bunch of game developers, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together. Our games are not for everyone. Are they for you?
We are now looking for a Dialogue Designer!
About the job
At Arrowhead we make nonlinear co-op experiences with gameplay in focus, which means narrative design is all about world building and maximizing the impact of our narrative elements.
Our job in the Narrative team is to make sure the player can passively absorb a rich, believable universe that comes through in all the details of the world. Comedy and satire is also a big part of our games and finding ways to make the player laugh is one of our biggest challenges.
- Working with the Narrative team to shape the story and characters of the game
- Preparing and carrying out the implementation of dialogue in the game together with gameplay coders
- Handling Wwise implementation, mix structure, bussing and documentation
- Organizing dialogue in our localization software
- Own our VO pipeline and be the goto resource for information and help where needed
- Help out with other parts of narrative work, such as implementing text strings and systems design for VO and localization
Do you see yourself in the following;
At least 3 years of industry experience
- Experience working with Wwise
- Experience working with narrative aspects of game development in general and VO implementation in particular
- Knowledge of dialogue production and post-production
- Familiar working with scripting languages and reading game code
- Autonomous problem solver that can identify and act upon what needs to be done to reach an established goal
- Excellent organizational skills with a talent for spreadsheets
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working with non linear narratives in, for example, PvP games or MMOs
- Interested in non linear storytelling and world building
- Professional writing experience (English)
How to apply
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV in English as soon as possible. We interview candidates
continuously and hire when we find a good fit.
What we offer
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 100+ people, best known for our co-op titles. Despite our size, we remain a friendly and down to earth bunch, who love to indulge in our passion for video games together.
Located in our newly built, custom-tailored offices on the Hammarby Kaj waterfront, we enjoy everything Stockholm has to offer. A thriving game dev scene, along with all types of activities are immediately available on our doorstep.
Our talented developers are crucial to our success, therefore we put a lot of emphasis in creating and maintaining a prosperous culture. We’re committed to open and transparent communication. Your ideas are welcomed, valued, appreciated - the ceiling for creative discussions is high.
We also have numerous work benefits for all our employees. You can read about them here!
Scope: Full-time: 40 hours per week.
This is a permanent position and for the right candidate we offer relocation aid.
Location: Stockholm, however working remotely can be discussed for the right candidate.